Hard water stains can quickly build up on your faucets, skins and toilets. With the passage of time it can turn into rust and scale stains that are very difficult to remove during the house cleaning process. There are many commercial cleaning products that can be used to remove the hard water stains in the toilet and several different products that are effective to get rid of dreaded ring.
House Cleaning West Seattle has got tips for you to remove hard water stains during house cleaning.
Baking Soda and Vinegar:
Baking soda and vinegar are two useful products that can be used for house cleaning which includes hard water stains in the toilet.
- First, pour 1 cup of vinegar in the toilet bowl and then use toilet brush to swish it.
- Let the solution sit for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda in the toilet bowl and then add 2 cups of vinegar again. This will create a fizzy sound.
- Let it stay for at least 15 minutes
- Grab a toilet bush to swish the solution in the bowl. Make sure that you get the solution on the stains that are above the water line.
- Don’t flush.
- Let the vinegar and the soda solution sit for 30 minutes, swishing it one more time until the stains are gone completely.
- When house cleaning, If you notice stains then scrub it again to wipe it off.
- In the end flush the toilet to rinse.
Borax and Vinegar:
Borax is a multi-purpose cleaning product which can be used to hard clean the water stains in the toilet when house cleaning.
- First, pour ¼ cup of borax solution in the toilet and swish it with the brush
- Add 1 cup of vinegar and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Finish scrubbing the bowl by using your toilet brush to remove the stains that are left in the toilet bowl.
- Flush to rinse it.
- When house cleaning, if you have got really stubborn stains then you can use borax paste in order to remove them.
- Completely shut off the water from the toilet bowl.
- Flush the toilet to drain the toilet bowl. This part is essential as hard water must not be covered with water.
- ½ cup borax should be mixed with vinegar to create a thick paste solution.
- Spread the entire paste immediately on the hard water stains on the toilet.
- The borax will get hard quickly so don’t put the vinegar until you are all set to go.
- Let the paste sit for 20 minutes
- Remove the paste by using nylon brush and flush the toilet
➤If you can’t wash your toilet on regular basis and need assistance then get in touch with House Cleaning West Seattle experts to give you a helping hand. Call House Cleaning West Seattle experts for details now.